Manitoba Aviation CONFERENCE 2019
April 9-11, 2019
Holiday Inn - 1740 Ellice Avenue Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Room Rates: $121.00 per night -
Mention your attending the "Manitoba Aviation Conference" for discounted price.
Book by: March 24, 2019
Hosted by: MAC
To register as an attendee for our Career Fair, please click here: http://bit.ly/MBAviationCareerFair2019
Follow us on Instagram here:
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Booth Set-Up starts at 9:00 am - April 9
The Manitoba Aviation Council invites you to attend our aviation career fair. There will be displays by a variety of aviation companies, including NavCanada, Fast Air, Provincial Airways, StandardAero, and Voyageur Airways, as well as educational institutions like Red River College and Providence College, and pilot training companies Harv's Air and Winnipeg Aviation.
Throughout the event, speakers will talk about their careers, the educational requirements, and what it took to get where they are.
This event is free for attendees.
CAREER FAIR ATTENDEES TO DATE:
Harv's Air ~ Winnipeg Aviation ~ Providence College ~ Air Georgian ~
Boeing ~ Standard Aero ~ Fast Air ~ Voyageur Aviation ~ Calm Air ~
Canadian Armed Forces ~ R.R.C. - Stevenson Campus ~ PAL Aerospace ~
Keewatin Air ~ Air Transat ~ Bouygues Energies ~ Magellan Aerospace ~
NAV Canada ~ Perimeter Aviation ~ Transport Canada ~ North Star Air ~
University of Manitoba - Centre for Engineering Professional Practice and Engineering Education
Thunder Airlines ~ Garda World Aviation ~ Southport Aerospace Centre ~
Wednesday, April 10
CONFERENCE EXHIBITORS TO DATE:
Canadian Propeller ~ Team Eagle ~ Concorde Battery ~ Calm Air ~
Red River College ~ PropWorks ~ PAL Aerospace ~ Fast Air ~
Charter Connexions ~ PPG Aerospace ~ Spencer Navigation Ltd. ~
Prairie Aircraft ~ Canadian Air Force Recruiting ~
Canadian Transportation Agency ~ Southport Aerospace Centre ~
RCAF - 402 Squadron
SPEAKERS TO DATE:
Wednesday, April 10:
- Transport Canada - Linda Melnyk - Shortage of Pilots, Plans for RPAS, C-49 Updates, Cannabis, Passenger Rights, Air Reg's update
- Transport Safety Board (TSB) - Eric Vermette - Watch List & Northern Operations
- National Association / Council President's Panel - John McKenna (ATAC), Fred Jones (HAC), Anthony Norejko (CBAA) & Bernard Gervais (COPA)
- University of Waterloo - Dr. Suzanne Kearns - Seeking the Next Generation of Aviation Professionals
- RPA's Panel - Remotely Piloted Aircraft Working Group
- Canadian Transportation Agency - Marla LeBlanc
- Transport Canada - Warren Walrond - Update on the Airports Capital Assistance Program
- PAL Aerospace - Danielle Seward - Where we're going, we don't need roads. But we need to change how we get to the future. - How to creatively recruit in today's aviation industry.
Thursday, April 11
Thursday, April 11:
- Nav Canada - AOCM
- Dash 8 Training - Bombardier - We will be discussing common areas on the Dash 8's.
- RROC - Jim Bell & Dan Reeves - This course is ideal for those who work atairports and who maneuver aircraft/vehicles on aprons, taxiways etc. The course consists of an overview of airport procedures with Jim Bell. The participants will write their exam with an instructor from Winnipeg Aviation and leave with their RROC.
~ Schedule is Subject to Change ~